Sunday, June 17, 2007

Father's Day Gift

So, today I gave my 911 away. Not forever, just for the week. My dad, as I have said before, has always loved the 911. Due in no small part to me - putting me through college, helping here and there, and generally the time and expense of raising a kid - he has never owned one. For Father's day this year I gave him my car for the week.

I took the time to wash it thoroughly, vacuum out the grass and other crap inside it and so on. It was not in as pristine condition as I wanted to give it to him, but it was nice. Once I got to his house, I went through all the tricky bits - how to turn on the A/C, how to put a CD in, how to arm / disarm the alarm. Then I told him "The car has 99,000 miles on it, I expect to get it back with at least 100,000." That is my one fear, that he will not drive it at all this week. I hope that is unfounded.

Enjoy Dad

No comments: