Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Clutch decision

I've come to a conclusion on the car. I weighed the pros and cons and decided to chicken out. I know all the real mechanics in the audience are thinking "What?!? a clutch is nothing!" but I . . . I am not a real mechanic. I can do a few minor things, but this is major. Sometimes a man has to know his limitations, and this is one of mine. Maybe the next time it needs one I'll feel more comfortable.

In the end, the risk of having a barn full of parts instead of a car outweighs the cost of $500 over the parts and tools. Plus I am having them do the main engine seal, the top end seal and the CV servicing.

Luckily the tax refund check will cover most of this. Unluckily, I also need a new washer.

And now the PT Cruiser needs something.

It never rains but it pours.

The other bad thing is this means I will miss the first IRAC event. I am looking forward to the next one, assuming the car is finished.

It goes in Saturday. It should be done when I get back from Florida.

No comments: